Dive into the archives and rediscover the art of telling stories, recounting memories, and recording life through writing letters.
Yours Sincerely is a free online creative writing course that will help you to rediscover the simple joy of telling a story through handwritten letters.
You will also be given access to Public Record Office NI (PRONI) archives to use as inspiration for your writing.
How will the programme work?
- Staff from PRONI will introduce you to some of the historical voices from their archive of letters and diaries.
- Award-winning author Jan Carson will deliver a series of writing workshops designed to help you tell the story of a voice from the past by writing letters from their perspective.
- Develop skills in story-telling, memoir, narration & characterisation and share letters with others in the group.
- You will receive a bundle of 1st class stamped envelopes at the beginning of the course to help you take part.
- This course will be interactive, fun and informative and is particularly geared towards beginner writers and people who really enjoy a good story. Please bring writing materials along with you.
This programme is FREE and open to anyone based in Northern Ireland or the border counties.
The programme will take place from 10am to 11.30am every Monday from 14th September to 19th October.
Numbers are limited. Sign up early to avoid disappointment.
For more details, or to discuss any disability access requirements, please contact Paula Larkin at email@example.com
Making the Future, Decade of Commemorations and their project partners would like to share information and imagery from the programme through social media to highlight ongoing progress and to showcase the good work. This may involve sharing screenshots of online meetings and examples of the content being created. Any content shared will be credited to its creator. By signing up to this programme you consent to content being shared on social media.