WORKSHOP | 100 Shared Stories: Our Food, Our Place
A fascinating exploration of food traditions and migration to Northern Ireland & border counties.
The story of Northern Ireland is not the story of any one community: it is a shared story made up of the experiences of every individual and the communities that call this place home.
If you love food and would like to share your story of migration to Northern Ireland, join the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland (PRONI) for 6 fun online sessions where you will:
- Take a virtual tour of PRONI and learn more about our records and how we preserve our shared history.
- Take part in a Cooking Demo and learn more about Irish Food history.
- Explore the role of food in different cultures and be inspired to try new recipes.
- Share recipes and stories with others from the group through Zoom and our private online Slack community.
- Help us create a Recipe Book with your stories and recipes and have your traditions preserved for future generations.
The programme will take place at 7-8.30pm on the below dates:
- Monday 29/3
- Wednesday 31/3
- Wednesday 7/4
- Wednesday 21/4
- Wednesday 28/4
This programme is FREE and open to individuals from minority ethnic backgrounds or anyone who has migrated to Northern Ireland or border counties.
For more details, please contact Laura Aguiar: firstname.lastname@example.org