Due to demand following our first sold out course, Making the Future are delighted to be able to offer a second programme of New Parameters.
New Parameters is a new online engagement programme that will use photography to capture the contemporary face of life during a unique period in our history.
During the pandemic, we are encouraged to go outside for daily exercise, but we have restrictions on where and how far we can go, resonating directly with our history of borders and boundaries.
Through this programme, participants will be encouraged to creatively capture our new parameters using the medium of photography, whether inside or outside the home. Participants will require a mobile phone camera or digital camera to take part.
How will the programme work?
- Acclaimed photojournalist Bill Kirk, who captured life through the 1970s and 1980s, will host an online seminar discussing his work and its context in our history and culture
- A photography masterclass will take place with Christopher Barr sharing photography skills along with tips on telling a story through photography
- You will get access to powerful photography from the collections at National Museums NI and hear from museum curators
- You will be inspired to capture images and share them through an online community hosted in Slack
- Images will be showcased in an online exhibition and may form part of a new publication
This programme is FREE and open to anyone based in Northern Ireland or border counties. Numbers are limited. Sign up early to avoid disappointment.
The project begins 15 June and runs until 8 July. Please find specific project dates and times below.
Monday 15 June: 10am-11.45am
Wednesday 17 June: 10am-11.15am
Monday 22 June: 10am-11am
Wednesday 24 June: 10am-11am
Monday 29 June: 10am-11am
Wednesday 1 July: 10am-11am
Monday 6 July: 10am-11am
Wednesday 8 May: 10am-11am