Myths Made Modern - Digital Illustration Programme
Who was a better fighter: Cú Chulainn or Katie Taylor? Who’s the greater feminist icon: Queen Medb or Beyoncé!?
Myths Made Modern is a fun free online digital illustration programme where you will reimagine your modern day heroes as legends, warriors & goddesses from Irish mythology & folklore.
How will it work?
- You’ll take part in 6 live Zoom sessions with storyteller Cormac Ó Briain & illustrator Shannon Patterson
- Cormac will introduce you to the best & most interesting characters from Irish mythology & folklore
- Shannon will give you skills in character design & illustration, helping you to turn Greta Thunberg into Danu goddess of the Earth or Stormzy into Aengus god of music!
- You will create a fully illustrated page for print & inclusion in our Myths Made Modern digital e-book.
- You will join our online Slack community where you can share ideas, tips & stories throughout the programme.
This programme is FREE and open to anyone based in Northern Ireland or the border counties. All levels of illustration skill from beginners to more experienced are welcome!
The programme will take place from 4.30pm to 6pm every Monday and Thursday from the 5th to 22nd October.
Numbers are limited. Sign up early to avoid disappointment.
For more details, or to discuss any disability access requirements, please contact Paula Larkin at firstname.lastname@example.org.