Future Vision: Design Programme for Young People
Aged 12-16 and interested in developing your design skills?
Join the Linen Hall Library and a team of artists for a week-long online programme exploring how design has been used in the world of politics in Northern Ireland.
Here's how it will work:
- We'll send you an art pack in the post with everything you need to take part in the programme
- Work with illustrator Conor McClure to explore how design is used in politics and get hands on experience with creating your own work
- Take part in a collage and slogan creation session with Lesley Cherry and Paul Kane to create your own bespoke message
- Graffiti experts UV Arts will lead a workshop on how street art can be used as an alternative form of expression
- Create your own billboard designs expressing your hopes and desires for the future.
This programme is FREE and open to young people aged 12-16 based anywhere in Northern Ireland or the border counties. The programme will take place online with sessions hosted via Zoom and Slack (both of these apps are free to download).
Workshops take place each day from 17th-21st August, 10.30am-12.30pm. Your availability to attend each day is required.