Digital Summer Camp: Mini Macros
Challenge your photography skills in this unique abstract photography course for 12 - 16 year olds.
We will explore shape, colour, texture and lighting in photography through the abstract medium of oil on water. You will be challenged to take a series of abstract shots using food dye, cooking oil and water.
What you need:
- Access to a computer/mobile device with Zoom
- Coloured paper or printed colour background
- Light source - e.g. torch, phone or tablet
- Clear glass bowl or oven dish, plastic will work fine but may have varied results
- Food dyes - different colours, red, yellow and blue work best
- Cooking oil - olive or vegetable oil is fine
- Camera or mobile device, preferably with a macro lens
- Tripod - not essential but will help
This workshop is suitable for children aged between 12 and 16 years old. It will begin with a live* session at 11am. Participants will then have time to complete a creative activity. Another live session will complete the workshop and end at approximately 1pm.
Participants must be resident in Northern Ireland. A parent/guardian/care provider must register their child/children and be present during the workshop. Maximum of 3 participants per household.
*Zoom Pro will be used for live sessions.