A consortium of partners – the Culture Company, Culture Northern Ireland, and the Nerve Centre – came together together to deliver a sectoral development project and a new regional creative industries resource, using City of Culture 2013 as the catalyst.
Funded by DCAL, the project included delivery of a Creativity NI digital hub website (www.creativityni.org) and promotional campaign for Creativity Month in March 2013. New video and animation content promoting arms length bodies, businesses benefitting from the Creative Industries Innovation Fund, and new creative approaches were also created.
Creativity NI will feed into the wider creativity agenda by:
- Encouraging new creative connections and collaborations
- Promoting NI’s creative and cultural infrastructure, including ALBs
- Creating a new digital platform for creatives and creative enterprises
- Harnessing the catalytic potential of City of Culture 2013
- Building capacity and providing access to creative opportunities.